Monday, June 7, 2010

Called by God’s Grace

S. "I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." Ephesians 3: 7-8, NIV

O. These personal words of reflection by Paul to the church at Ephesus are very meaningful to me personally. I remember wrestling with my call to the ministry years ago…wondering if this was the direction that God was drawing me. I know today that His calling on my life is for sure and that I am in the spot where God wants me to be. But it is only by the grace of God that I am here and that I continue to in this ministry. It truly is a calling and I am so grateful that God has placed me at PRBC at the present time. I don't think I am the best pastor and even wonder about my leadership at times, but it is God who portions out his Grace in my life for HIS purpose and glory. Like Paul, I feel that a I am "less than the least of all God's people", but I can stand and continue in only by the grace of God. It is my goal to continue and remain faithful for God's glory in calling…I it is my prayer that my words and work for Him will lead people to Jesus Christ.

A. Today is a day that God has appointed for my life and ministry. Today, I will follow the hand of God in my life and ministry. Today, I will shout with joy to God for all that He has done in my life.

P. Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me and calling me to your work. I surrender my life to you and ask that You use me today for your purposes. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment