Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Avoiding Strife

S. "It is a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel." (Proverbs 20: 3)

O. Proverbs is such a practical book. Sometimes it hits me right between the eyes and take a deep breath and remember who God is and who I am. This past week I preached from Ephesians 4 where Paul talks about "Don't let the sun go down on your anger" (vs. 26). I have to be honest and say that there have been times when I left anger boil in my life. When it caused strife and division that didn't have to be present. That said…I really want to be a man of honor. I want to be a man who avoids strife and tension with people around me. I have been working hard in some areas of my life recently and this is one of them. I need to be a man who responds in love and caring for others…helping people to stay on track in their relationship with God and loving them unconditionally…always!

A. Each day is a day to choose to love right and in God's presence and for God's honor. Today is that day for me. I will make an intentional effort to live in peace with those around me and avoid strife.

P. "Lord Jesus, You are filled with compassion and love. I pray that as I live this day, I will live from the wellspring of your love in my life. Thanks for loving me, for not holding my sin against me and for being my true guide in life. I love you, Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment