Friday, June 11, 2010

A Christians Conduct

S. "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."  (Philippians 1:27a)

O. The words of God through the apostle Paul have great meaning for me. Like many people, I have faced circumstances good and bad…I have had experiences in ministry that just didn't seem right and some that baffled my mind. But I have learned that I can't like circumstances be the guide for my life…I can't just react to things from my own attitude and out of my human mind. I must allow my attitude and response to whatever comes my way in a way the please God…that brings glory to Him and honors Him above all else. People in the world who know that I am a Christian are looking to us to see Jesus Christ. They are going to see good or bad from our lives and I really want people to see the good and truth of Jesus in me. That means I must have the mind of Christ…I must surrender to Christ and allow his thoughts to become my thoughts…His peace to become my peace…His love to become my love. I stated in a sermon a last week that we are responsible how we live in front of non-Christians…we will influence non-Christians more by our Walk than our Talk…so how we conduct our lives is EXTREMELY important. So bottom line…we must conduct our lives in a manner that pleases God and point others to Jesus Christ.

A. I have been very aware of my thoughts and actions this week as a result of my sermon last Sunday on my actions in front of people. I just can't let up! I have to continue in my understanding of living like Jesus and honoring Him with my every thought and action.

P. "Lord, I praise you for the your example of right living on this earth. It is my prayer that I can point people to you as a result of the way that I live my live. Give my a heart to know you and serve you daily! I love you! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment