Sunday, June 13, 2010

Becoming Like Christ

S. "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ–the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death," (Philippians 3: 8-10).

O. This is the goal of the Christian life…to not put any interest in your own gain but to only want Jesus Christ to be at the center of everything you do. To be found only in Jesus Christ is what I want from my life, but I seem to struggle at times with what I want to do and experience. But I need to approach EVERY part of my life in faith…faith in a God who loves me and knows what is best for me. Faith that all will be okay when I surrender my life and will to Him…faith that the power of the resurrection can do more in my life than I could ever do on my own. This is the kind of faith I desire and try to live.

I guess I am still perplexed by the fact that I don't do this all the time. I want to be in control of my life…I want to reach for certain goals and fix what I think is wrong in my life...and the scripture is clear to tell me that I don't have to worry…I just need to surrender my heart and will and life to the one who ordained all my days before I was born.

A. I really want to give the Lord a particular situation in my life. I really want to give up control of this situation and allow God to guide my thoughts, feelings and actions. Today, I am going to live as one who is in the hands of God…as one who lives by faith…no matter what!

P. Lord, I give you this day and ask that you would lead me in every action, thought and word that comes from my life. Thanks for being my guide and friend in life. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. lifting you in prayer. Regularly do...but just letting u know

    ReplyDelete