Friday, July 16, 2010

God’s Faithful Plan

S. "O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things!  You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them." (Isaiah 25: 1, NLT)

O. One of the enduring qualities of our God is His faithfulness to work in our lives. And God's work in us is not just something that he does at the spur of the moment. God has an eternal plan for each of us…a specific, purposeful and meaningful plan for us. The problem with God's plan most of the time is the fact that we don't allow His plan to guide our steps. We want to do what we think is best for us and so we plow through life one day at a time. I believe that the person who can surrender their plan and will to God's plan for life will always be blessed and rewarded for their surrender. That does not mean that things will always be okay…take the life of Joseph as an example. Joseph was an obedient servant of God, but still faced some very difficult situations. But when we place our lives in the hands of God we can trust in his faithfulness…Thus prophet can say…"I will honor you and praise your name"!

A. Today is a day to allow God to lead me. I have all kinds of plans, but I must allow God's plan to move my steps.

P. God, I surrender my life to your plan. I don't want to be disobedient as I walk in this life…I want to honor your with all my heart and the fruit of all my labor. I give you my life today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment