Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In the Palm of God’s Hand

S.  "Sing for joy, O heavens!  Rejoice, O earth!  Burst into song, O mountains!  For the LORD has comforted his people and will have compassion on them in their suffering. Yet Jerusalem says, "The LORD has deserted us; the Lord has forgotten us."   "Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.  Isaiah 49:13-16 (NLT)

O. God's love and faithfulness never cease to amaze me. There are so many times in my life that I have felt forgotten and dismissed by people on the earth, but God's love is always there. I don't have to worry about His presence or power in my life, because he has promised those to me. Years ago, when I traveled with the Continental Singers, I would meet with pastor's of local churches and talk about their ministry and about our ministry as a group. I would always want to remember the name of each pastor (and I am not good at remembering names)…so I would write their names on the palm of my hand. It was a quick reference to their name…I would not forget it that day. I love the image of God's palm containing my name…that he cares enough to make sure that He will remember me and show his faithfulness to me.

A. Well, for me today, knowing that God has my name in a place where He will not forget me…knowing that He is still faithful and loving to me…knowing that He will never let go of me is enough. Today, I will rest in these incredible promises!

P. Lord Jesus, Thanks for loving me in spite of my sin. Thanks for giving your life for me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment