Friday, August 13, 2010

Bearing Fruit

S. "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15: 8, NIV)

O. This verse speaks on obvious truth…a disciple will bear fruit. In my understanding there are two types of fruit that I must produce as a disciple of Jesus Christ. The first is internal and transforms my life from the inside out. With the promise of the Counselor who was to come, Jesus assured the disciples that one would come to fill them and guide them in His absence. The Holy Spirit fills the lives of everyone who follows Jesus …the Holy Spirit resides in us and the fruit that comes from the Holy Spirit's presence in us is, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control (see Galatians 5: 22-23). These are to be evident in our lives all the time…if the Spirit truly has control on your life, I believe that these WILL BE evident as the fruit of my life.

The second kind of fruit we produce is more disciples…sharing our faith and our common struggles to surrender to the Lord is a part of my life. I must be active in sharing my faith with others and also challenging believer to take a more committed stand for the Lord.

A. Today, I give myself to you God…as you have filled me with the Holy Spirit, I pray that as I drew near to I will see the importance of living my life daily for you.

P. Lord, this is your day ahead…I just want to join you in your work in the world right now.!

No comments:

Post a Comment