Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Unfailing Love

S. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the LORD, have spoken!
(Jeremiah 9:24, NLT)

O. God really just wants us to simply love Him. And we tend to make it so difficult. God is a God of faithful love, a God of justice and righteousness and that is what we are to rest in when we rest in His care. When I think of my own life and how I live in comparison to these qualities of God…and fail big time! When try to be dependent on other people to demonstrate these qualities…we will never find a person who is able to live up to them. As human beings, we are crowded with sin and selfishness in our lives. That will only lead to brokenness and strife in our lives.

But when we do as the scripture says…when we place our lives into the hands of God and we begin to boast in the greatness and faithfulness of God, we will experience God's faithfulness to us and I also believe we will begin to display these qualities in our lives as well. We are transformed by the presence of God in us and I believe God want for others to see His qualities in us.

A. Personally, I have not been doing a good job at letting God's presence work in my life. I have not been displaying these qualities to others and I need to work on areas of surrender…allow God to work in and through me. I want to rest on His promises and on His goodness today.

P. Lord, Thank you for your faithfulness to me even when I am unfaithful in return. Today, I receive your unfailing love and righteousness into my life and I open my heart to be filled with all of who You are! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment