Monday, August 30, 2010

Steadfast Devotion

S. “Therefore say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.’ “They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.” (Ezekiel 11: 17-20, NIV)

O. I love this promise of God…it is a promise of full restoration and it gives the people of Israel hope to look beyond their current situation. I guess I am just overwhelmed this morning with God’s unfailing, relentless love for me. He will never give up on me…no matter what I have done and what I will do…He is always looking for ways to bless me and keep me in a right relationship with him. You see, he wanted from me an undivided heart…and he give that to us. If we just surrender to him, he will provide all we need to live with full attention and devotion to Him. We just have to receive all that he offers. He will put a new spirit in us…removing what is not focused on Him and filling us to all of his presence…for wisdom, strength, direction, understanding, compassion, kindness and more.
He is so devoted to me that nothing will change his love for us. Unlike earthly love and commitment, God’s commitment and love for us is never ending and not based on feelings. His promise…”They WILL be my people and I WILL be their God” vs. 20, (emphasis mine). Paul spoke in Romans of God’s great love for us…and that nothing in all creation would be able to separate us from God’s love (see Romans 8: 32-39).

A. The bottom line for me is this…God loves me and His promise to me is of an undying love and commitment. I just need to receive it…to believe that he really does care about me and love me and what the best for me. That is WILL be with me in every aspect of my life and that he WILL love me unconditionally. What a joy knowing that truth!

P. “Lord God Almighty…I accept your love today. I look forward to a day lived in your grace and love. Forgive me when I have failed you and give me a heart that is tuned ONLY to You. I love you Lord! Amen”

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of passages in Ezekiel that are over my head, but this one I really, really get. The people of Isreal repented of their sin and God forgave them. But then He did something that set His love apart from the love of a regular person. He not only welcomed them back, He gave them back everything they lost because of of their sin. He didn't have to do that. He did it only for love.

    I used to try to understand my husband's quirky personality and even try to change him. Finally I gave up and embraced who he was. In a sense, I've done that with God as well. I have NO IDEA why he's been so good to me. He didn't have to be kind. Or gentle in how he brought something about. But He did. Because its just how He is.

    And the best part is that He doesn't play favorites. I love that about Him.

    ReplyDelete