Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Individual Responsibility

S. “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, even if Noah, Daniel and Job were in it, they could save neither son nor daughter. They would save only themselves by their righteousness” (Ezekiel 14: 20, NIV).


O. God is sending a message to the people of Israel through the prophet Ezekiel. God will not put up with the worship of false idols, and hearts that are not attune to Him. The attitude and hearts of the people where so against God at this point and he was speaking of the coming doom of His wrath. This verse really stood out to me this morning. It speaks of our personal responsibility to declare personally our relationship with the Sovereign LORD. No righteous person is able to save another people on their own merit…I can’t save my sons or wife…they have a personally responsibility to acknowledge the Sovereign LORD in their lives. The scripture speaks to this on several occasions. Yet, many people in our society think that their close association with a Christian or the faith of another family member will be enough. God desires a personal relationship with each of us…that is just amazing!


A. If I can’t “save” my family and friends by my life, then I have the responsibility of leading them to Jesus. I must constantly be encouraging them in the pursuit of a personal relationship with Jesus…I must pray for them, model for them and help them to see how this personal God can be their personal God and friend.


P. Lord, Thank you for loving me, in spite of my sin. Thank you for giving your Son Jesus as a sacrifice for my sins. Allow me to be a strong witness for you to my family and friends. Rid me of all wrong and sin and fill me with joy and hope that comes from you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment