Monday, October 18, 2010

Founding Purpose in God Alone

S. I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil.” (Job 3: 26)

O. I have felt like this many times. Job has faced the most complete devastation that any human could imagine. Loss of family, wealth and even his own health. Chapter 3 of Job is mainly Job's attempt to curse the day of his birth. "
Why were there knees to receive me and breasts that I might be nursed? For now I would be lying down in peace; I would be asleep and at rest with kings and counselors of the earth, who built for themselves places now lying in ruins"
He would rather have not been born than to face this day...a town that only brings him grief.
So he says, my life is a mess...I am depleted of all that this human life has to offer...I would rather be dead.

A. It is scary to think that many people in our world are driven to this point of desperation. They see no meaning of purpose in their lives and only see turmoil. They have invested so much into themselves and tried so hard on their own life full of meaning without God. The problem is, we were created in the image of God. We must look to him for guidance and ultimately all purpose in our lives. I must learn to only see my self-worth in relationship to my God and not any expectation that the world places on me.

P. Lord, I open my life to your plan and will today. I pray that I might live in surrender to you in every aspect of my life. Thank you for giving me purpose in my life...and I pray that I will be able to keep my life aligned with Yours everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment