Monday, October 11, 2010

God's Great Work

S. When all our enemies heard about this, all the surrounding nations were afraid and lost their self-confidence, because they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God. (Nehemiah 6: 16)

O. This verse incredible! Should this not be the goal for the witness of our lives. I so want people to see God in what I do and in the what we do as a church. I think that part of the problem that this does not happen more is that we constrict ourselves by thinking on in human terms. Nehemiah and the people could have never completed the wall in 52 days on their own. This was a great testimony of God's working through HIS people to accomplish something great. Most of the time I make statement like "I don't do that" or 'There is no way that is possible". And when I make statements such as this I start out believing that something CAN"T be done. I need to have faith and trust in a God who has ordained every day of my life and who wants to accomplish his will in spite of me. How much more fun and rewarding to allow God to do HIS thing as we surrender our lives to Him.

A. Today, I want to believe in the greater things of God. I want to walk by faith and not by sight. I want to lead Pea Ridge in great steps of faith. I want to see God at work in the world around me.

P. Lord, I surrender myself to you today. I want to see you at work in my life. I want to walk by faith...knowing who You are I surrender myself to you completely today. I love you, Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment