Monday, November 22, 2010

Beyond the Law

S. "How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other." (Matthew 12: 12-13)

O. Jesus was being questioned about healing on the Sabbath. The Sabbath had become a time when the Pharisees were more concerned about keeping the law rather than honoring God. Jesus came with a new understanding and to fulfill the law. Jesus rises awareness of the greater law of God...the law of love. Love will reach beyond the law and will look to the needs of people. Love will see the value of a day to worship and rest in the Lord. Love will bring wholeness and healing to us as we embrace the Love of God.

A. Today is a day for me to love other people and to offer my life to serve and give. Today is a day when I will look at the value of people's hearts and offer wholeness and healing in the name of Jesus.

P. Lord, thank you for loving me and accepting me. Thank you for fulfilling the law and bringing a new command to love. Give me your love today as I live for you! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment