Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do What You Can!

S. "She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”(Mark 14: 8-9)

O. So many times I think I don't have what I need to serve or give to God. I am not as gifted in some areas and others and at times this is frustrating to me. But I have to remember that it is God who completes me and gives me all that I have. I read a quote this week in my sermon...."the issues is not about perfect conditions. It's about a perfect God." I am constantly caught in this trap of wanting conditions to be "perfect" to complete something or do something for God...but it is God who is perfect and needs our lives for his us. In theses verses, Jesus describes a woman who "did what she could". She give what she had without question...she physically did what she could in anointing Jesus. Yes she was preparing Jesus' body for his burial, but her sacrifice and willingness to be present and give to Jesus was so important. Her story of sacrifice and willingness would be a story that would be told for years to come. Her obedience would be proclaimed every time the gospel message was told. That she became an example for us is amazing. Just an ordinary person, doing her ordinary duties...she remained faithful to her God. That is what God is called us to do as well.

A. I need to see the ordinary tasks of my day as opportunities to be faithful and obedient to my calling as a disciple of Jesus. I need to look for those times when I can give and in turn receive all that God has for me.


P. "Lord, I give you my day and ask for your will to be done in the midst of all that I do. I surrender my life to you today and want to be obedient and faithful in all I do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment