Monday, November 1, 2010

God's Eternal Care

S. The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psalms 121:7-8, NIV)

O. As a parent, I have always "watched over" my kids. I wanted to keep them safe and from harm. I wanted them to learn about life and experience things for themselves, but I wanted to protect them. So I would give them instruction, coach them on how to respond in situations and help them understand their roll in situations as well. I wanted to see that they were safe and that they were enjoying the life that God has given to each of them. To me, these verses contain one of the greatest truths from the Word of God. God watches over me...He doesn't want harm to come to my life...but good. He has promised that he will always be with me. I have experienced that with my earthly father and as a father I have tried to convey that to my children. So daily I rest on this truth that God will teach me, direct me and love me to the end! Thank you Lord.

A. Today, I will rest as a child of God in the care of my Heavenly Father. I will be reminded of God's great and overwhelming love for me.

P. Lord, thank for being my all in all. I love you and want to live my life for you daily. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment