Tuesday, November 9, 2010

United with the Spirit

S. But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. (1 Corinthians 6: 17)

O. This is such a wonderful truth. When I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Savior, the Spirit of God came into my life and united with me. I have the presence of the Holy Spirit in my at all times. The problem is that I don't always act on this truth or even recognize this truth in my life. This verse is found in the context of Paul's teaching to the church at Corinth about sexual immorality. He was trying to convey that we are one with God and there should be not hint of the sin of sexual immorality in us. There should be hint of sin in our lives...for we would not bring impurity into the presence of the pure and holy God. I need to boldly accept the truth of God's Spirit living in my and work out of that power in my life. There is no other power that is greater...and no other power that can bring my salvation and help to maintain my purity.

A. Today, I will acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I will stand against sin and injustice and claim the truth of the power of God in my life.

P. Lord, you have given me everything I need in life. Thank you for the power of the Holy Spirit in my life today and everyday. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment