Thursday, December 9, 2010

Eternity with Christ Now

S. "But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses"
1 Timothy 6: 11-12

O. The scriptures are clear to point to Jesus as the one who would come and reign over the earth eternally. He was prophesied and will be fulfilled in the second advent of Jesus (see Is. 9: 6-7; Rev. 19: 1-16). But there is another advent of Jesus...the coming of Jesus into our lives and I believe Paul is right when he talks about fleeing from an unrighteous life and pursuing a righteous life in Jesus. When we hold in our lives the power of eternity, it should change our perspective on everything. We have the chance to spend eternity with Christ and it starts now. We don't have to wait for His eternal kingdom to come...we can enjoy the pure, righteous, godly holy life of faith and love today.

A. I am constantly challenged to view my life with an understanding of eternity. I am constantly being driven to my knees in prayer asking for God's filling to make a change in my thoughts, my actions and my words. Today, I recognize once again the power of Christ's presence in my life to live holy, an blameless before Him.

P. Lord, I accept your gift of holiness and righteousness in my life. Today, I give my life to you and ask that you use me as your vessel. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment