Friday, December 10, 2010

God for and with Us

S. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1: 14

O. This is the question that was posed in today's reading...How is God "for" us different than God "with" us? First of all, we need to understand that God came in the flesh...Jesus is the fulfillment of in incarnation...he was 100% God and 100% man. That is the mystery of the incarnation. So now to the question. I think that God with us conveys the sense of God's continuing presence in our lives. Jesus' coming to earth was part of that gift and we know that he walked on this earth and lived like we live day to day. But he state himself that he would be better for him to leave so that the Holy Spirit could come and be "with" us. God is constantly with us through the power of the Holy Spirit.

God "for" us speaks to the atoning work of Jesus on the Christ. He was "for" us in the fact that he bore our sins on the cross. In him we have life and life that is full of love and joy and peace and forgiveness.

A. I am so thankful for God's presence in my life and for his saving love that was give to through Jesus. Today, I will take in the wonder of God's presence in my life!

P. Lord, thank you for being with me and for me in Jesus Christ. I am overwhelmed with your goodness and grace in my life. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment