Monday, December 6, 2010

The Greatest Gift

S. "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4: 10

O. This is the season of giving gifts. If you are like me, you are constantly trying to think of the best gift that you could give...something a person would want, or need or maybe just something that would WOW them! Some people are easy to buy for and other are difficult. So we spend our time looking for gifts and our money buying them so that we can experience the joy of giving gifts.

I also like to watch people open the gifts that have been given. I love the to see the anticipation of what the gift is and then to see the joy on their faces. It fills my heart! And isn't that what God fills as we receive the gift of his son. He wanted to give the greatest gift...and he did that in sending His one and only son into the world (see John 3; 16). And I have a feeling that he watches with joy and anticipation as people receive the gift of salvation which comes through His son Jesus Christ. He gave in love and continues to give His love to us daily. He gives his love freely and unconditionally to those who come with a repentant, humbly heart. Have you received his love today?

A. I have received the love of God and will continue to receive this gracious gift daily. I will do all within my power to give this same love to others.

P. Lord, thank you for giving the greatest gift of all! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment