Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jesus and Light and So Am I

S. "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." Isaiah 9:2

Jesus said, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5: 14

O. I have never put these two scriptures today. That is way it is good to keep reading the Bible over and over...we never tire of finding new ideas and insights into God's word. I needed to hear this message today in my life. I have been reminded that I once walked in darkness and because of the birth of Jesus Christ, I have been brought into the light of God presence and forgiveness. When one asked Jesus Christ into their lives...when they surrender their lives to Him, he pours the light of God into our lives, exposing sin and other filth in our lives and replacing it with love and the goodness of God. And at that point what Jesus said was truth...we become the light of the world...we will be the illumination of Jesus to others around us. They will no longer had to walk in the darkness of sin...they can see Jesus in us and ultimately receive Him into their lives.

A. I need to realize that I am a light at all times. With Christ in my life, I am filled with the Light of Jesus Christ and must let that light shine in the darkness around me. I want to be that light.

P. Lord Jesus, you are the light of life in me and I thank you for exposing the darkness of sin in my life. I receive the light of life in me and give my life so others will see it in my life today and everyday. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment