Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Acknowledging God

S. "Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done." Romans 1:28 (NLT)

O. This is a difficult passage to consider. I truly believe that God wants all people to be saved, but I also believe that we have to surrender to his saving power and to his will for our lives. This scripture and the accompanying verses in Romans speak of the person who chooses not to acknowledge God in our lives. While God wants all to be saved. 2 Peter 3: 9b says, "He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." However, the one who chooses not to acknowledge God will begin a slow downward spiral in their lives that will lead to a life described by Paul as "foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless" (vs. 31). I don't know about you, but that is not the kind of life I want to life...it is not what I want to be remember for in life. It requires surrender on our part...surrendering our lives to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savoir. Romans 10: 13 says, "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Have you called out to Jesus? Don't put it off any longer.

A. As I begin this day, Lord, I acknowledge your presence in me. As the opportunity comes to me today, I will tell of your love for me and encourage others to do the same.

P. My prayer is for boldness and courage to share your word and love those around me...
"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16 ( NLT )

No comments:

Post a Comment