Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Than Doing Good

S. "I will ponder the way that is blameless. Oh when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless." Psalm 101: 2 - 3a

O. It has always been my desire to be the best person that I can be. I have had a wonderful upbringing as a child, with a wonderful mother and father who were examples of doing the right thing. But is goes much further than just doing the right things. Paul said the Thessalonians..."As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good" (2 Thess. 3: 13). In the context of living before God in honesty and integrity, I don't think doing good will stand all by itself. Doing good things and the right things is a result of who we are in Christ. We can think about doing the right things, but the cry will always come..."When will you come to me?"...to fill me and make the right and good from the inside out. I must strive to remain connected in a relationship with Jesus Christ. As that becomes more and more important, I will do good things and keep my eyes and mind from being filled with 'worthless' things. I WILL work with integrity in my home, work, church and community...it comes as a result of my relationship with Jesus Christ.

A. I have been consistently reading from the Word of God over the past year through the use of the Life Journal. This has become a very important part of my day. I would love to share this with anyone would be interested. It has been one of the ways I have been tuned into the presence and power of God in my life. The Word of God is alive and active...it will keep me on the path of integrity and hope for the future.

P. "Lord, thanks for changing my life and giving me a heart to know you and a life to do good in the name of Jesus Christ. My you be honored through my life today. Amen"

1 comment:

  1. good message. One I find myself guilty of...doing good bc I feel obligated as a duty and forgetting the attitude of servanthood needs to be bc I WANT to. I admire your attitude/passion and humility to "do good" from the bottom of ur heart with Christ (not humans) as your motivator.

    ReplyDelete