Sunday, May 17, 2009

Awesome God

S. "For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95: 3-5

O. I serve an awesome God! I have had the privilege of traveling to many countries in the world and have seen majestic mountain ranges, rolling hills, plains as far as the eye can see, vast oceans and more. I have seen so many wonders of creation in my span of 45 years...and each time I see something new or different I am amazed at God's handiwork.

Each summer we go to the ocean and spend several days there relaxing. As I see the ocean each time, I marvel at the power that it takes to hold the waters in place...that is the power and hand of God. I marvel at the movement of the tides and the rolling waves...that is the power and hand of God. It is amazing to me that God can hold the tall mountains, the deep valleys and the vast oceans in his hands...WE HAVE AN AWESOME GOD!!!

The most amazing quality that our awesome God displays is the love he has for me and you. He who holds the universe in his hand, who created all that we see and experience in nature...cares for me and you. That is truly awesome!

A. Today, when I am caught by the beauty of nature around me, I chose to stop and thank my God for his creation...and each time I do that I will reflect on God's amazing love for me.

P. "Almighty God...In you I experience the awesome wonder your power, creativity and love. Thanks for being everything I need. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment