Monday, May 18, 2009

Living with Integrity

S. "They gave witness that God was their rock, that High God was their redeemer,
But they didn’t mean a word of it; they lied through their teeth the whole time.
They could not have cared less about him, wanted nothing to do with his Covenant." Psalms 78:35-37 (TMSG)

O. How many times have I heard this same scenario. Someone says one thing and then does something total opposite. In the church we call that hypocrisy, and hypocrisy probably has done and continues to do more damage than anything else in keeping people disinterested in the church. People don't like hypocrisy. It destroys relationships, trust, reputation and integrity. I truly believe that I must lead by integrity. Does that mean I am perfect? Not at all...but it does mean that I an be honest and do all that I can do to live above reproach...that is essence of integrity. Integrity is especially important when it come to our relationship with Jesus Christ. If we say that we trust and believe God...it needs to be displayed in our lives.

A. Today I will do all I can to live what I believe and be true to who I am. I will answer peoples questions with sincerity of hear and will attempt to live my life so as to reflect the truth of who God in me.

P. "Lord Jesus, I want to live with integrity. I want to be a real person to my family and the church. Help me to live with honesty and sincerity in all I do. May my life point people to you and not to myself. May I be a living example of the power of your truth. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment