Thursday, May 7, 2009

Be Ready!

S. "Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect" Matthew 24: 44 (ESV)

O. The entire 24th chapter of Matthew is devoted to Jesus' teaching on the end times and second coming of Christ. I have study the end times, taught through the book of Revelation, study the prophecy in Daniel...and I still don't completely understanding all about it. I just can't wrap my head around all the different situations and things to happen, etc.

One thing that I have said repeatedly about the end times...and I will keep saying this...and Jesus says it..."be ready". If we learn nothing else when we study the end times...we need to understanding the urgency to make a decision to follow Jesus Christ...and urgency to open our hearts to receive his atoning work on the cross...to receive the forgiveness of our sins and the promise and hope of eternal life. That is what really matters! I must be ready! You must be ready.

A. Do you know the truth of Jesus Christ? Have you accepted him as your Lord and Savior? If you would like to know more, please leave a comment on this post. I would love to talk with you about God's great love for you expressed through the life of Jesus Christ.

P. "Lord Jesus, thank you for the security that I know in your gift of eternal life. Whenever you return...I am ready. Give me an urgency today to tell others of the same eternal life that I am promised...give me a boldness...help me to see that everyone is 'ready'." Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment