Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remembering Mom

S. O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! Psalms 71:5-6 (NLT)

O. As I read this verses this morning, I was reminded of one of the greatest blessings that I have been given in my life...the blessing of Christian parents who gave me a strong spiritual foundation upon which I have been able to build my life. I have so many cherished memories of my childhood and the love and care that was poured out on me. My sister and I today reap the blessings of wonderful parents. As mother's day approaches, I am once again filled with emotions about the loss of my mom. It has been almost 12 years since she died and I still miss her. She should me love in so many ways. She encouraged my music interests, my academic interests...she loved my wife and kids. She was a godly women...she gave to me sacrificially, she faithful served the Lord and her church. She was a faithful and loving wife to my father for almost 40 years. I don't always understand why she had to die as such a young age. At times it has seemed that we were robbed of precious years with her, but I have to trust in my God who knows what is best for me and my entire family. I am just thankful for the years we did have with her. Mom, I miss you and love you. I know that one day we will see each other again. Thanks for believing in me and loving me unconditionally. I love you.

A. I want to pour my life into my wife and children and give them the benefit of a Christian home, father, husband. Today, I will love them and care for them as only I can do in the Lord.

P. "God, thank you for my parents and they love and support to me. May my life reflect your love to my family and may my life always be filled with praise to your name. Thanks for all you provide for me. I love you. Amen"

3 comments:

  1. I would've like to have met your Mom...something tells me she probably had singing and musical talent?!? I'm sorry you had to lose her--especially before seeing her children and bra dchildren grow up and be what they have become!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok for some reason that comment postedas alysons google acct. Anyway that was from kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. as if the typing skills didn't give that away? =)

    i miss your mom, too..

    ReplyDelete