Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blessings Turned to Blessings

S. "Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and said, 'Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?' " 1 Chronicles 17: 16

O. I have asked myself this questions many times. At times I feel so undeserving to have received and to enjoy the rich blessings of God. I have had many opportunities to be a part of ministry around the world. I love my ministry as a pastor. I love the family that God has so blessed me with...I could go on and on. God's blessings are a part of who I am. I believe that David probably had some of the same feelings. Making him King, the protection over his life in many battles, etc. In this passage, the Lord was making a covenant with David at this point in his life. He had been anointed at King over Israel...he had brought the Ark of God back into the center of the church in Israel...not God is promising that his name would be great...that his son would succeed him as King and that he would be with him (David and his son). Listen to verse 13...God says, "I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. I will not take my steadfast love from him...". Wow! What a promise...and I am sure that David was feeling some of these promises in his own life as well. That God will give his steadfast love and that he would never leave us. No matter what we have been given...we are set aside to receive and give God's love.

A. I don't deserve to have all that I have...God has given me so much. This truth really drives me to a position of accountability and great privilege. I have a great responsibility as a husband, father, pastor and friend to those who are around me. I need to see each moment with them as a time that God has given for me to love and lead them in HIS ways. This will take a conscience effort on my part daily.

P. Lord, thank you for all the blessings you have given to me. I am honored to be your child...and I am humbled by the opportunity I have to be your hands and feet to those around me. I receive your steadfast love and commit my life to give that love to all those around me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment