Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Boldness

S. "We had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict" 1 Thessalonians 2: 2b

O. Paul's letter to the Thessalonian church confirms the work of God through the power of the Holy Spirit. I really like this verse above. With boldness, Paul and his companions were preaching everywhere with a holy boldness. There was strife and difficult when they were among the Thessalonians, but with boldness they kept on. It is easy to just give up and stop doing something when we face opposition. It is the easiest route to take...the quickest way to move forward. But I must say it is not always the best way. If Paul has left without sharing the gospel with boldness, there was potential for lives to go untouched with the gospel. In what area of my life and ministry do I want to call it quits? Lord, I need to examine my work and ministry and make certain that I am doing all for the glory of God and with boldness not compromising the gospel message.

A. Declare the boldness and power of the Holy Spirit in my life today and everyday.

P. "Lord Jesus, thanks for placing bold people around me...people who are not willing to compromise the gospel and who are willing to give their all for you. Let them be daily examples, along with your servant Paul. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment