Monday, May 11, 2009

Casting Burdens

S. "Cast your burden on the Lord and he will sustain you: He will never permit the righteous to be moved" Psalm 55: 22 (ESV)

O. I love this verse...but I don't know that it is easy to live out. Casting my burdens on the Lord has always been difficult. I like to be in charge of things and to know that "I" am doing the best things that I can do. And as a result, I have a tendency to carry things on my own. This can take a toll on my life...emotionally and spiritually and in the end physically as well. So what do I do to try and overcome this? For me, the daily reading and reflecting on the word of God is an important part of casting my burdens. I read of people who have done this same thing through the years and it gives me encouragement to do the say. Spending time in prayer is also extremely important to me. I do prayer daily...I could always pray more!...but this time of pouring my heart out to God about things that are a burden to me is so refreshing. I also like to talk things through with other people. In doing this, I find that people can pray for me and I found people how are struggling with similar issues. Ultimately, casting my burdens is a daily surrender to live for God and not myself. It is a choice to allow God to control my life, living by faith in a God is a bigger, wiser, and stronger than me.

A. Continue my reading and prayer times as a way of strengthening my walk with God and ultimately increasing my faith in Him.

P. "Lord, thanks carrying my burdens...and for the promise that as I seek a relationship with you, you will not allow me to be moved!

No comments:

Post a Comment