Thursday, May 28, 2009

God's Plan

S. "Who in the world do you think you are to second-guess God? Do you for one moment suppose any of us knows enough to call God into question? Clay doesn’t talk back to the fingers that mold it, saying, “Why did you shape me like this?” Romans 9:20 (TMSG)

O. Many times I have argued with God or disagreed with a situation that I might find myself in! I find that many times, people are prone to expect things to happen the way that they think...all the while not allow room for the will of God to dominate our lives. Take right now in my life. As I write these words, I am lying flat on my back with some horrible back pain the radiates down into my thigh and calf. It is not the place where I would like to be right now. I have so many other places that I would like to be and so many other things I could be doing. I could question God as to why this is happening (and I have!) or I can accept this situation and make the most of this time to reflect on my life and my ministry and my family...you get the picture.

Being content with where God has you or being okay with how God has made you will come in your life has you grow closer to God in a relationship with him through his son Jesus Christ. The more understanding his will and plan for the world...the more I understanding God's individual plan for my life. This will require surrender of our wants and desires and move us into a dependence on God for everything he is to and for us. God is sovereign and we need to acknowledge this every day.

A. So how will I act differently knowing this verse is in my heart...I guess I will see this time of pain and discomfort as a way for God to slow me down and focus on what is really important. I guess I will see this as his plan and make the most these days.

P. "Thanks for my pain and discomfort God...for in them I am beginning to see you purpose and plan. I love you for who You are in my life. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment