Monday, June 15, 2009

Completely Surrendered

S. "But the high places were not taken out of Israel. Nevertheless, the heart of Asa was wholly true all his days." 2 Chronicles 15:17 (ESV)

O. In reading about the days and leadership of the kings of Judah and Israel, I am always interested in those who followed the Lord. They must have been very strong people to make some of the sweeping changes that happened to bring a focus of worship to the true God. I get the impression and I think that I might be right...it is easier to undo true worship of God than it is to build it back. Our allegiance to God needs to remain a priority in all we do in life. We need to project our beliefs and our relationship with God...keeping it a main emphasis in all we do.

King Asa was a king whose heart was turned to the Lord, but something happened as he began to reform Judah. He reinstated worship to God, torn down foreign altars and hight places and broke down pillars erected to Asherim...and he every commanded all the people to seek the Lord...but this very above is haunting..."the high place were not taken out of Israel"... There was not a complete cleansing of the evil and wrong worship in the land and as a result, there was a weakness and vulnerability to evil left in place.

The truth that seems to be shouted from this text is this...if we are going to follow the Lord, we must do so completely! There is no room for any piece of evil to be left in us...no opportunity for Satan to have a stronghold over us...we must fully surrender our lives to the Lord.

A. As I examine my life closely, I pray that I will be able to surrender each and every part of my life to the Lord. There is no room for hiding any part of me...God I surrender to you completely.

P. "Lord Jesus, it is my desire to live a completely surrendered life before you. I will keep my eyes on you and keep my life pure and holy to be used by you. I love you, Lord. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment