Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Responding with Faith

S. "And she went and did as Elijah said. And she and he and her household ate for many days. The jar of flour was not spent, neither did the jug of oil become empty, according to the word of the Lord that he spoke by Elijah." 1 Kings 17: 15-16 (ESV)

O. Such great faith. My question is simple. Would I have done the same thing? Do I have a faith that would allow me a move beyond my comfort zone and fully into the direction of my God? Such faith requires a deep sense of trust in God. I am not questioning my belief in who God is...I know that God created me, sustains my life daily, does give me direction, etc. I am questioning my own belief...my own action and surrender to God's way. For me, this is where the "rubber meets the road"... this is the pivotal question of our Christian faith. Are we going to trust ourselves and our judgments more than God's way? But this question bring up another important factor. If we are going to move by God's direction, then we must be in a place where we can hear God. If I am not making myself available to God and putting myself in a position to hear God, then I WILL work out of my reasoning and not God's. I must be in God's Word, I must be faithful in my prayer life...I must listen to God's servants who are connection to him in a daily relationship.

As I grow daily in an understanding of my God, I will need to release some of the control factors of my own ideas and thoughts and give them over to God's. That will talk great faith!

A. Today, I will listen more intently to God's voice and when confronted with the decision to follow in faith...will put my complete trust in God.

P. "Lord Jesus, I do believe in who You are! I do trust you, so I surrender my actions and life to you today...living by faith in the direction that you have for my life, my family and my church. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment