Monday, June 22, 2009

God's Relentless Love

S. "And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, as the house of Ahab had done, for the daughter of Ahab was his wife. And he did what was evil in the sight of the Lord.
Yet the Lord was not willing to destroy Judah, for the sake of David his servant, since he promised to give a lamp to him and to his sons forever." 2 Kings 8:18-19 (ESV)

O. The stories of the kings of Judah and Israel are very interesting. They all were very unique in what they did, how they acted, etc. The thing that distinguishes each of them is the truth of whether they follow the ways to God or not. Jehoram, king of Judah is the subject of the scripture above. They did evil in the sight of God, called upon other gods and lead the people of Judah to do the same. What really struck me about this very and this story is God's relentless love. God had made a promise that that a light would continue through the line of David, so even when the people of Judah did evil in God's sight, God would not total destroy them.
On this side of the story, we know that the light of David's line was Jesus and because of God's great love for us, expressed through Jesus is the love that is offered to each and everyone of us today. I know the same relentless love that God had for the people of Judah is the same love that he has for me. Even when I chose to do the wrong thing...when I mess up and turn my back on God, when I disobey or wander from the truth, God will loves me and is ready for me to come back to him in repentance.

A. I must make a choice to live in the ways of God. It is not fair of me to fully rely on the relentless love of God. Just because I know he will love me no matter what, does not give me the right to disobey and expect his loving return. I will chose obedience and walking in the ways of God.

P. "Lord Jesus, thank you for your relentless love for me and everyone around me. May I also exhibit this love to those in my family, church and community. My I love them with the love that has been given to me. I offer my life to you today and everyday. I love you. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment