Saturday, June 27, 2009

No Room for the Enemy

S. "But a man of God came to him and said, “O king, do not let the army of Israel go with you, for the Lord is not with Israel, with all these Ephraimites. But go, act, be strong for the battle. Why should you suppose that God will cast you down before the enemy? For God has power to help or to cast down.” 2 Chronicles 25:7-8 (ESV)

O. Amaziah was king of Judah and was trying to assemble the men of Judah and ready them for battle. He found 300,000 able men for battle, but in his mind it was not enough...so he paid 100,000 might men of valor from Israel (the enemy) and paid them to fight with the army of Judah. But God sent his messenger to put a stop to this. How easy it is for use to invite the enemy into our lives, all the while thinking that it is a good thing. The scripture tells us we need to "guard our hearts and minds" from any wrong or evil that might come our way. When God is on my side, I don't have to worry. Whether victory or defeat comes, my God knows what is best for me and will deliver me or sustain me...no matter what. My primary responsibility is to keep my relationship with God a priority. If I don't do this, I quickly move to trying to rely on my own intellect and resources. When God is at the helm, he supplies all my needs and gives me direction always.

A. When do I invite he enemy into my life? This is a question that I need to consider always. And with the answer to that question, I must make a commitment to rid my life of the enemy and never allow Satan to have a foothold in my life.

P. "Lord Jesus, thanks for your constant presence and power in my life. To many times I try to rely on my own strength to make it through this life. I give you control and ask for your power to be displayed through me. I give you my life, today and always...Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment