Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Ministry

S. "But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. " 2 Timothy 4:5 (NIV)

O. I have always loved this verse. It is so clear and straightforward. I have a ministry responsibility to present my life fit and ready for service. That means that I must be aware of what is happening around me. There will be times when ministry will to tough and hard...there will be times that I want to quit...there will be times with I are put down and persecuted. These are the hardships that I at some time or another endure. And I must keep in mind that I need to to the "work of an evangelist". That means that in everything I do, I must keep telling others about Jesus Christ. Everything I say and do must lead to the powerful and life changing truth of Jesus Christ. And I love the last phrase...I might translate it "Whatever it takes...get the job done"! That means that I must keep on moving and pushing ahead with God leading the way. I must keep focused on the high calling of God. Thanks for this reminder God!

A. I will walk ahead with God as my guide in my personal life and ministry...keeping the goal of sharing the love of Jesus Christ wherever I go.

P. "Lord Jesus, thanks for this verse and the reminder to keep focused on the ministry that to which I have been called. I will offer my faithful service to God in all aspects of my life. I love You , Lord"!


No comments:

Post a Comment