Monday, June 29, 2009

Steadfast Love

S. "I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love toward me..." Psalms 86:12-13 (ESV)

O. I am overwhelmed by God's love for me. No matter what I do, God is always faithful to accept me and shower me with is love. What a joy to know this! I must say that I don't intentionally run from or do things that separate me from God, but being human, sometimes I fall and make mistakes. So when I think about God and His love for me and that He never gives up on me...I am overwhelmed. This kind of relentless love does not often happen between two individuals. Because we are prone to sin and error, we don't experience this kind of steadfast love in our lives...so when God pours over me, I am overwhelmed. I am guilty of not loving people the way that God loves them. For that I am truly sorry, but I have a responsibility and duty as a Christian to open my life and allow God to love through me. My prayer is that I can to that each and every day.

A. My prayer today is that I love with a steadfast, forgiving love...and that I can show that to as many people as I can...especially to my family.

P. "Lord Jesus, you have loved me with an everlasting, relentless, steadfast love for which I am eternally grateful. I come today to surrender my life to you once again and ask that you use my life to reach and love others today. Thanks for your love and your confidence in me...to use me as a vessel for your glory! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment