Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Serving the Lord

S. "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men," Colossians 3:23 (NASB)

O. What a simple reminder of who are are working for. Some many times in the church, we express that we are doing things for other people, but in reality, the only person we are working for in the Lord Jesus Christ. I really needed this reminder today. It is so easy to get bogged down in doing things for other people...giving of time and resources for others...but must remember that I am serving the Lord not man. This is backed up by one of the greatest foundational truths in the scriptures for me. The Lordship of Jesus Christ. Before any other person or opportunity, I must surrender my life under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

The other thing that stands out to me is that I am to work "heartily". Another translation states, "Work from the heart for your real Master" This means that all I do must reflect my heart, so that the condition of my heart needs to be of top priority spiritually. I must surrender my heart and all my life to the Lord.

A. Knowing that I am to serve Christ first and foremost, I will consider my ministry and leadership in this light. I will make decisions based on my relationship with God first and then my relationship with others. As I surrender, I will work humbly in my ministry and family to serve them in the name of Jesus Christ.

P. "Lord Jesus, you know I want to serve you with a surrendered heart. Guide my every day and every move for your glory. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment