Thursday, June 18, 2009

Speaking God's Word

S. "And the messenger who went to summon Micaiah said to him, “Behold, the words of the prophets with one accord are favorable to the king. Let your word be like the word of one of them, and speak favorably.” But Micaiah said, “As the Lord lives, what my God says, that I will speak.” 2 Chronicles 18:12-13 (ESV)

O. One of the things that I have been challenged with as a pastor and Christians is to speak God's word to people and not just tell them what they want to hear. I think that everyone as some point has to deal with this. In the scripture, Micaiah the prophet was summons to speak a word to the kings of Israel and Judah. And when he came, the messengers told him, we have already heard from the others prophets and they all agree, so your word should also match theirs. Don't upset the apple cart here...we want your words to match their words. But Micaiah rightly said, only as the Lord gives me words will I speak them.

Paul warns in 2 Timothy 4 that there will be teachers who teach what they want to us to hear and not the truth of God's word. I must continue to remember and speak with boldness the Word of God. There is no substitue for God's word. I am God's mouthpiece to the people of Pea Ridge Baptist and my responsibility of to share God's truth and nothing more.

A. As I preach and teach, I must constantly be reminded that I must speak ONLY God's truth. I will boldly to this as God gives me words to speak!

P. "Loving God, you are a God of truth and uprightness. I have surrendered my life to be your servant and mouthpiece to those under my ministry. Please guide my words each and every day! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment