Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Forgiven

S. “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." Isaiah 1:18 (ESV)

O. The first chapter of Isaiah addresses the sins of Judah. They had fallen away from the Lord and had become to self reliant as they lived before God. They were worshiping other gods and not acknowledging the one true God, the God who have been forgiving and had pursued them with a passionate love for so many years. The God who had been their guide through so many days. The chapter is not too encouraging, but what is encouraging is these final words of the prophet to the people of Judah. It's as if he is saying, "Wake up and sense the coffee! Don't you know that even though you have fallen away from following God, even though you are stain by your sin, there is hope. The God who loves you will forgive and will make you white as snow...you will be forgiven and cleansed by the love and faithfulness of our mighty God.
That is a message I like to here. Even when I sin, I am promised forgiven from God. For me, I know that the blood of Jesus Christ has covered all my sin. That alone is enough to make me full of thanksgiving and hope. It is enough to make me want to live a righteous and holy life. That is my response to God today.

A. I will praise my God by offering my life as a living sacrifice to God. I will keep myself pure and fit for His kingdom and His glory!

P. "Almighty God. I am so thankful for the gift of your son Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the forgiveness of sin that I have experienced in my life personal and for how you call us today and redeemed individuals in the church to do your work. I give you my life today! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment