Monday, July 27, 2009

Living with Consistency

S. "The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray." Galatians 2:13 (NIV)

O. Hypocrisy is one of the greatest enemies of the church. It has caused more people to turn away from the church as they see the inconsistency of Christians. In this section of scripture, Paul is calling Cephas to own up to his roll in leading people astray. He was saying one thing and living another. He even drew the entire church into the charade of hypocrisy. His inconsistent living was pulling others down.

As a Christian, I must examine every part of my life. I must look at every action in my Christian life and make sure it is consistent with the character of Jesus Christ. We are called to be like Christ and lead others into a consisteny, vibrate relationship with God through his son Jesus Christ. That can only happen if we see the whole person...the consistent person who lives what they say.

A. Be consistent to my family and church. Be a real Christian to everyone around me. Be held accountable for these actions.

P. "Lord Jesus, I want to be person who leads others to you. I want my life to reflection your life to the world. As I surrender my life to you, give me wisdom and discernment to live consistently before the world. I love you, Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment