Friday, July 10, 2009

Consistent Living

S. "Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal? You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you commit adultery? You condemn idolatry, but do you use items stolen from pagan temples?" Romans 2:21-22 (NLT)

O. These words hit my right in the face today. As a preacher I have been called to live a life above reproach. I need to "practice what I preach." I have said many times, "I was preaching that sermon for me to hear"...and how true that must be each and every time I preach. I need to be living the same life that I am calling each Christian to live. If not, I become the biggest hypocrite in the church. Some would say that this places pressure on me, but I believe it just keeps me humble and surrendered even more to my God.

A. I want to live a life above reproach. I want to be consistent in my life each and every day. I want to be the person that I am asking people to be.

P. "Lord Jesus, I thank you for the life you have called me to live. I love being a pastor and want to serve you with my whole heart. Help me always to live a consistent life before you. I love you. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment