Sunday, July 12, 2009

Not What I Want to Do

S. "I decide to do good, but I don’t really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don’t result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time." Romans 7:19-20 (TMSG)

O. This verse has always haunted me. Why is it that I don't do the right things sometimes. I know that I mean to do good...I want to do good, but I can't seem to get it all straightened out. And in the process, I get really confused with what is happening and frustrated with myself. Why does this happen? Paul is very quick to give the reason. It is not me, but the sin in my life. So the question for me is related to the sin. What is it that I need to straighten up in my life? What sin do I need to confession to the Lord and give back to him. He has already paid the price for my sin, so why do I choose to hang onto it?

A. I really need to take some time and examine my life deeply to find what core issues and sins I need to rid my life of. I don't want to do any wrong...I want to life at peace with God and with those around me.

P. "Lord Jesus, thank you for dying for my sins. Break me that I might be filled with you forgiveness and love each day. I accept your mercy and grace today and ask that I be filled with all goodness that is in you. I love you. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment