Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Following Jesus' Plan

S. "And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. " Luke 9:23-24 (ESV)

O. There is a cost in following Jesus. We cannot be the same and continue to follow him. A person who has never given their life over the Jesus Christ will have to make a change...I will say it again, you cannot stay the same and follow Jesus. This saying is true for me today. Daily, I have to make a choice to surrender my life to Jesus, to allow His love and grace to live in me and work through me. Daily I have to deny my own selfish desires and wants and give into his plan for my life. I might not like what that is like, I might have different ideas about what to do in my life, but the key to complete and total surrender is looking at what the Lord wants in my life and not me. The formula is simple...if I want to live, I deny myself...for when I lose my life, I will save it in my relationship with Jesus.

A. Sometimes things don't go the way that I think they should be going. When this happens, I get frustrated and upset with the way life is being played out. I guess the best thing for me to do is accept what comes my way, whether I like it or not, and live my life in the fullest way possible as the Lord directs my life.

P. "Lord Jesus, at times I find it hard to surrender my desires...but today I want to lay them at your feet and allow your hand to guide my life. I accept your strength and grace to lay my life down and follow your ways. I accept your peace in the process of surrender. Thanks for caring about my life and all that is going on inside me. I love you. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment