Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love through Serving One Another

S. "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." Galatians 5:13 (ESV)

O. This verse was very convicting for me today. To many times, I have been too focused on my own things, my own problems, my own desires. But the scripture says that I am to use my freedom of Christ...not for me, but for others. Not to promote my own wants and desires, but to love others. This takes a great deal of focus and energy. It takes a great deal of honesty and humility. That involves serving others and loving them with the love that God has given to us. This is basic in our Christian life. We must serve each other in love. Enough said...I just need to do it!

A. As a result of my understanding of the scriptures, I will apply the truth of scripture by living with humility under God's mighty hand.

P. "Lord Jesus, I want to be a person who loves others and serves them with humility. I surrender myself to you today and every day. I love you!" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment