Friday, July 31, 2009

God's Way...Not Mine

S. "...for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure" Philippians 2:13 (ESV)

O. Why do I ever question what is happening in my life? If I believe that the Bible is God's word of instruction for me, a word of guidance and wisdom, than I will believe this verse and apply it to my life. But the struggle to make sense of things many times drives people to seek their own way to resolve and deal with life. I must be a Christian who stand firm on God's word and I must be a person who sees the good work of God in my life. It is God who has created me and saved me through the blood of Jesus Christ and it is God who directs my life daily...for HIS will and to accomplish HIS will and to bring HIM good pleasure. What will it take for me to wake up to this on a daily basis. Yes, I see it sometimes, but I do have concerns that are purely from me that take over my mind and life. I don't like this and I need to be a person who puts full and complete trust in the ways of God in my life.

A. Once again I come to the application part of reading the scriptures and it is all about surrender. Surrendering my life on a daily basis to the will and plan of God. When will I get to the point of completely trusting God? When will I give up striving and give in to God's good and perfect will and plan for my life? It is once again about surrender.

P. "Lord Jesus, you know my heart and desire to surrender to you, daily, completely and always. Continue to mold me into the person you want me to be. I love you, Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment