Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not My Way

S. "But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.” (Matthew 16: 23, ESV)

O. Jesus had just started teaching about his purpose in suffering in Jerusalem and about all the aw going to happen when he god there. This was a hard lesson for the 12 who have been with him through thick and thin during His ministry. They don't want to believe that he would suffer and ultimately died for them. They were really in a kingdom mindset yet either. Jesus called this type of belief and attitude to be from Satan!

Mainly as I read this verse, I want to be the person who has his mind of the things of god, not on the things of man. It is so easy to get my life...my agenda in the way of God's purpose and plan. I can get wrapped up in my and forget that his life is not about me but God.

A. When tempted to stand in the way of God's purpose and plan, I will intentionally step back. I will practice to live with a humble attitude every day.

P. "Lord Jesus, I want your plan for my life to be the only way to go. I don't want to be in charge of my life...I want you to be in the drivers seat. Thanks for always leading me. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment