Friday, August 7, 2009

Faith

S. "And Jesus said to him, “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.” Luke 18:42 (ESV)

O. I always marvel at the healing that Jesus performed. He was always looking at the beens of other people and their needs. This particular story, the begger pleaded with Jesus to "have mercy" on him. Twice to called out to Jesus and Jesus finally stopped. But it was the persistent call of the man that got Jesus attention. He knew that Jesus could make a difference in his life. He knew that Jesus could bring healing to him. He know that his life could take a new turn with the help and healing of Jesus...so he called out.

Jesus said the word and he was healed, but then Jesus said "your faith has made you well." Do I believe that trusting in Jesus Christ can make a difference in my life? Do I know that Jesus can bring healing to my life, my relationship, my difficulties...all I have to do is believe...have faith in my God who is bigger that all my problems and worries. That just takes simple faith like the faith of this blind begger.

A. Today, I look to the one who is everything to me. I look toward my Jesus, who can bring hope and healing and wholeness to every area of my life and to those around me.

P. "Lord Jesus, I choose this day to rest in your love and care. I believe in your power and love for me and I accept it as part of my life today. I love you, Lord. Amen"

1 comment:

  1. I also read a story today about Jesus healing a blind man... from John chapter 9. There was something that stood out to me about the two passages.

    Both men seemed to experience a boldness they didn't have before. In the Luke passage, the man praised God in front of all the people around him- so much, in fact that when the people saw it, they also praised God. The man's healing and subsequent boldness had inspired them. In the John passage, the man was out spoken about Jesus healing power in his life even when people hurled insults at him and even when he was thrown out of the temple by the Pharisees for stating his belief that Jesus was sent by God.

    If we are believers, then we have a little something in common with these two blind men. Before we knew Christ, our sin was blinding us. We couldn't see the truth until Christ shone a little light(he IS the light of the world, after all) into our dark world. So, how do we react? Like the blind men in the NT, do we praise God so loudly that we inspire others to praise him, too? Do we speak out about Him to those around us, even if we're insulted?

    You and I can say, like the blind man in John 9:25, "I once was blind, but now I see". May we never forget what it felt like to be blind so that we will forever praise Him with enthusiasm and speak about Him with boldness.

    ReplyDelete