Thursday, August 6, 2009

Love and Perseverance

S. "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one...may the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance." 2 Thessalonians 3:3, 5 (NIV)

O. I am so grateful that God set a hedge of protection around me daily. I love what the Psalmist says in Psalm 139, the Lord will "hedge me in behind and before" (my paraphrase). As a Christian, I am covered by the protection from the enemy, Satan, at all times. But it doesn't end there. I am promised more from God. As I surrender my life to the Lord (something that I have written about several times), I am promised that "the Lord will direct my heart into God's love and Christ's perseverance". WOW! I need to unpack that for myself.

God's love - unselfish, completely, unconditional, free, endless, powerful, forgiving...I could go on and on. I life can be directed by God's love and along the way, I know that God will begin to mold my life with the same qualities.

Christ's perseverance - Christ persevered until death on the cross. He loved the unlovely, cared for the down and out. He endured verbal ridicule, physical abuse, sleepless nights, constant ministry...he kept his focus on his relationship with his Father and moved forward always with me in mind.

I am humbled to think that I have God's love and Christ's perseverance in my life. It give me new perspective on my ministry and relationship.

A. It all comes down to surrender once again. I must place my life into the hands of God and allow him to mold me and make me into his perfect vessel. Today, I choose to follow God's way for me my life...for my family...for my ministry.

P. "Lord Jesus, today I claim the strength that you were given. Today I choose to live my life for you and no others. I love you Lord, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment