Saturday, August 8, 2009

Humbly Called

S. "Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers." 1 Timothy 4:16 (ESV)

O. This verse was directed straight to me this morning. Timothy is a ministry and Paul writes some very important instructions to him. As a minister and preacher of the Word of God, I need to watch my life and my teaching very closely. One of the things that is hard for many ministers is always being on duty. There are not many times when I am "not" the pastor of PRBC. It just never stops. Some have called this living in a glass house. People everywhere look into your life and are looking to you as an example. Somethings this is transfered to my family as well. There are some jobs that you can leave at work, but being a pastor is much different.

I also know that great responsibility of the teaching aspect being a servant of Christ. I am called to handle the Word of God with accuracy and great humility. It is a scary privilege to preach the Word of God. I see the great importance of study and the need to understand Biblical truth to share with the people God has placed under me.

A. I have already seen the need to prioritize time and energy in my sermon preparation and planning. I also know that my life is to be lived with great responsibility as a pastor. Today, I will reflect honesty and humility toward my family and others whom I meet along the way.

P. "Lord Jesus, you have called me and equipped me. I give my life into your service and ask that you use me to build your kingdom here on earth...to mulitply your kingdom in heaven. I love you, Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment