Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God is Everything

S. “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours." Luke 15:31 (NIV)

O. I think that most of the time I pass right over this verse. This is found at the end of the story of the prodigal son...and by this time he has come home and the family is having a big party and I think that I check out at this point. But this verse really stopped me this morning. The father, so represents God says to the other brother (who was complaining about the big party that was being thrown for the "wayward" son) I am always with you and you can have anything of mine all the time. Two statements packed with truth...

First, God is always with us and we are always with God. For first part of this statement is very comforting and frightening at the same time. Nice to know that God is with us always, but it is filled with accountability as well. We are always in the presence of God and he sees and know everything about us. That requires that I keep my life focused on him and that I live in such as a way as to honor and please Him daily. Second, everything that God has is available to us. We don't ever have to worry about needing any resource to accomplish God's work in our lives...God will supply it. When faced with impossible situations, God is able to supply all that we need.

A. Here is the key for me today. I just have to open my eyes and see and receive all that God has for me in my life. I have be blessed in so many ways, so I just need to bask in the truth of all that God has given to me. I need to draw from God's strength and peace for me personally.

P. "Father, thanks for being giving me everything in my life and for being faithful to provide all that I need in this life. May I accept all you have for me. I love you, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment